RE: tr3 turn signal troubles

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr3 turn signal troubles
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:26:08 -0800
> I would be glad to know how others deal with this on newsgroups other
> than just turning the darn thing off because I don't think our in
> house admin (the wife) would be in favor of that.

You might ask her about that, after reporting the reaction it provoked from me.
I'm no longer with Dirtlink for other reasons, but I do consider that to be an
excessively obnoxious solution, and I refuse to use it myself.

Besides, with a few simple rules to keep spammers from finding me, I get very
little spam.  It's far easier to deal with a few pieces of spam per week than
all the requests to be added to my "approved" list for the thousands of people I
trade emails with.

And while I appreciate your point about what you see; that request is still for
me to enter my email address into a web site.  Then I'll forget and email you
from my default account instead of my list account (or whatever, I use several
different accounts for various purposes) and we'll have to go through the whole
thing again.

Besides, the 'from' field is absolutely no guarantee of who the email actually
came from.  It's just a text field that can be filled in with anything ... my
former message did NOT come through my ISP (ca.rr.com) although this one did.

Randall