1960 Mini project for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1960 Mini project for sale
From: Mark Mason <mason@postdiluvian.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:52:00 -0400
Anybody know of anyplace I can post this to get to a lot of Mini
folks?

For sale, Boston area - 1960 Mini 850 with 42K original miles.  It was
in very good very original shape, until it was stolen and crashed into
a tree just off center, bonnet crumpled and windshield broken.  Needs
a bunch of sheet metal work, maybe new subframe.  Engine still runs,
it drove under its own power from the tow truck to parking spot.  It
has a 12G206 head (functionally identical to the 998 Cooper one),
free-flow exhaust, and "Speed Kills" bumper sticker that are pre-1965
mods.

I also have a replacement 1959 roller body shell, rusted out
floorpans, with replacement factory pans ones that haven't been welded
in yet.

These are the extra-light bodyshells that were produced for the first
couple of years.

I want around $1K for the body shell, since that's what I paid for it.
The price for the car is negotiable.  Must move before first snow.