Re: This is COOL!

To: ARoman4047@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: This is COOL!
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:41:54 -0700
>FWIW, some guys with pretty sophisticated replay equipment have
>reported that the flick's a fake...The speed was in the camera not
>the car...;-(

  NOPE if you read French it tells you that the film was NOT modified
in any way and if you time the areas it will show that it is done in
real time.  However the camera's location did make it appear faster
and there is some evidence to indicate that the 275 sound was dubbed
in but the film is real.

   http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2005/Rendezvous.shtml

  Will show you the speeds of the car at each point in the trip,
although at one point he hit speeds of 136MPH the average is WAY
BELOW that more like around 40MPH.  Now was it really a 275 that is
the question, he owned a 275 but he did not drive and would you allow
someone else to drive your 275 like that ? most likely not.  Even in
1976 a 275 was not a cheap toy.

  In most places the movie is believed to be real and real time, no
cheating.  What is debatable is what kind of car it really was.  By
the way, the soundtrack is absolutely a V-12 Ferrari, most likely
Lelouch's.  Its unfortunate that Lelouch wont say but he got in
trouble for this and is protecting the driver.

  Great movie however, I have the DVD and the soundtrack is very nice :)

    Mike

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer
       mikey@b2systems.com
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/