Fred Basset help

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fred Basset help
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:15:41 -0500
For years I complained that the distributing syndicate Americanized
the Alex Graham comic strip "Fred Basset".  Be careful what you wish
for.

The first frame today has Fred thinking, "This Jenson chap ..."

In the second frame, Fred closes this thought, "... is really on the
Button!" as he sits beside his smiling television-watching master.
The television is saying, "... another cracking lap..."

Who's who and what's going on?

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net   http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/  http://
www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
I decry the textmessagization of the American-English language.