Amazing Rover found!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Amazing Rover found!
From: John McEwen <moparrr@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:27:20 -0600
Hello Everyone:

It has been a long time since I've made a comment on the list.  We
all seem to be involved in other things or on more specific lists.
However, today I looked at a car I've been asked to sell and thought
I should let others know about it.

The car is a 1980 Rover 3500 (SD1).  It has only 31,800 km (19,750
miles) on it.  The car has spent most of its life in a garage and
must be about the nicest original car left.  The car was purchased
new by the present owner's sister as a retirement gift for herself.
She was an elementary school principal.  She used it sparingly and
passed away about 10 years ago.  Since then it has mostly sat in her
brother's garage.  He has kept it up but, as he is of advanced years
himself, now wishes to sell it.  I doubt that it ever saw snow or
even a rainy day.

It is in that light metallic blue finish, which Jaguar called
"Opalescent Blue" and has a brown/beige interior.  The interior is
perfect and the exterior nearly so.  It is all original paint.  The
car is fully loaded including air and cruise as well as all of the
other power equipment which was standard.   Of course, it uses the
well-known Buick/Rover 3.5 L aluminum V8.

I have no idea what it is worth as so few were sold in North America
and so few have survived worldwide.  I doubt that it will fetch much
money here but it is too nice to give away.  I'm hoping someone out
there has some ideas or may be interested in owning it.

Any leads would be gratefully accepted.  I have a number of images of
it which I shot today and can email them as required.

John McEwen
Edmonton, Alberta

12 LBCs and counting!