Re: Marcos windshield anyone?

To: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Marcos windshield anyone?
From: "The Underwood's" <enfofan@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:00:48 -0400
I am one such person who brought a windscreen back as "checked" luggage.
Actually two windscreens.  I used my frequent flyer miles to myself over
there (UK), and bought my windscreens at the autojumble (which was actually
prearranged to pay for and take delivery of).  What I did was to go to a
local (stateside) bodyshop, and got a windscreen box that was being
discarded. I cut the box down to fit the windscreen ( in this case it's for
the Consul Lowline [ supposedly the same as used in the Marcos]) and I added
some extra padding I had around the house. Not being sure that I could
acquire this packing material in the UK, I decided it was best to take it
with me, I checked the box as "luggage" without incident. On the return with
the windscreens packed, as well as a few other bits, the 'crate' was checked
as "luggage". We traveled Heathrow, DeGual, Hartsfield(Atlanta) with no
damage. Ironically, my suitcase with my clothes was destroyed when I arrived
in Paris!

Frank Underwood
59 Ford Consul MKII Lowline Convertible
http://members.aol.com/funder770/home.htm