Re: fuel pressure

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: fuel pressure
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:47:00 -0700
Fred,

I'm guessing your TR3 has SU carbs, so my setup isn't directly applicable
to yours,
but the reasoning behind it might be.  I installed an after market
Interrupter type Facet
pump on my Cobra.  It's rated at 30 GPM at 4-5 PSI.  I decided not to
install a pressure
regulator since the original mechanical pump was rated at 4-6 PSI.  This
seems to
work fine for my me.

If I recall, SUs (and some other pumps used on Brit cars) require a lower
pressure than
my Holley does, so I think you need to find out what the pressure rating
of the original
pump was, and set that pressure.  You want to avoid exceeding the
pressure the carbs can
seal against.   I don't think the pump's capacity matters too much as
long as it's adequate
to keep up with the maximum possible requirement.

Also be sure to verify the pressure setting of your regulator.  Some of
them aren't
very accurate.

Roland