RE: Billing Update Requested (URGENT)

To: "british" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Billing Update Requested (URGENT)
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:36:35 -0800
> http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn
> takes you to
> http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn
>
> If you simply go to ebay.com and click on My eBay, you'll end up
> at the same
> URL.  Someone check this out and see if you agree. I'm not sure
> this is not
> a legitimate address at eBay.

Yes, that is a legitimate eBay address.

However, the email that Fred got was in HTML format and although that is the
text that was displayed for the link, the actual link was to :
http://cgi3.ebay.com:aw-cgieBayISAPI.dllSignInRegisterEnterInfo&amp;siteid=0
co_partnerid=2@e3bay.home7.dk3.com/

which is not a legitimate eBay address.

The Team.Net list server translates HTML to text format, so by the time
Fred's post got to everyone, the bad link was gone.  (He sent me a copy
off-list, which is how I know what happened.)

Randall