Obituary - Greg Soderling

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Obituary - Greg Soderling
From: "Michael Bayrock" <rocks@dowco.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:15:02 -0700 (PDT)
It is with sadness that I announce that Greg Soderling was killed in a
motorcycle accident last weekend near Pemberton, BC.

When I met Greg, he was a member of the UBC Sports Car Club, and dazzled
everyone in autocross circles with his bright yellow big valve Lotus
Europa. He was an active member in the Burnaby-Coquitlam Motorsports
Association, the Lotus Car Club of BC, and numerous other hobby and public
associations.

More personally, he provided me with great encouragement when I was having
great difficulties in successfully slaloming my GT6 in the various SoloII
series in the Vancouver area and British Columbia region.  He was quick
with advice, a laugh, and words of encouragement - something that seems to
be lacking in today's rush-rush world.

He leaves behind his wife, Liz, and two sons.

A memorial is planned for him on Friday, Sept 20 in West Vancouver. His
obit was printed in the Vancouver Sun today, and can be seen at
www.vancouversun.com

Michael
-------
Michael Bayrock