Junkyard Triumph 2000s

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Junkyard Triumph 2000s
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:07:04 -0500
Wandering around a salvage yard yesterday, I stumbled upon a pair of Triumph
2000 sedans.  Did a little research when I got home, and from what I
remember of their appearance, they're Series I cars.  They appear complete,
one with an automatic tranny, the other a manual.

Soft surfaces of the interiors are shot, but instruments, etc. appeared in
good condition.  One car had extensive rust, the other looked pretty solid
(although I didn't inspect the floors or anything that required I crawl
around in the weeds).

This is the first time I've ever even seen one of these, and the VTR web
page doesn't even mention them, so I guess they're pretty rare in the U.S.
If anyone needs any parts, or wants me to get pictures of the cars, let me
know, and I'd be glad to salvage any hard to find bits before they get fed
to the crusher.

Also, if someone could pass this along to the triumphs mailing list, that
would be great (I'm not a triumphs subscriber.)