Master Cylinder seals

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Master Cylinder seals
From: "Mark Skadorwa" <mskador@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:08:44 -0400
Hello to everyone on the list.  I've recently returned after a few years and
am amazed at the growth of SOL.  There were no separate marque lists when I
was last on.  It's great to see such a tremendous level of interest.

I finally got my car out of storage and was trying to get it ready this
weekend.  Opening the hood revealed bubbled paint on the firewall from a
leaking brake master cylinder.  This was re-built two years ago.  My clutch
slave cylinder has also decided it no longer wants to prevent fluid from
dripping on the garage floor.  The slave was  re-built two years ago.

I've spoken with my local Triumph guru and he has had problems with seals
lasting only a year before they disintegrate.  Has any one else had this
problem?  Can anyone recommend a source for good quality seals that won't
disintegrate so fast?

Regards to everyone on this list

Mark Skadorwa
mskador@home.com

Spitfire 6
(Spitfire with a TR6 engine and GT6 mechanicals)