Re: Question for "old" listers: Brake-area/vehicle-weight

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question for "old" listers: Brake-area/vehicle-weight
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:01:48 -0600 (MDT)
Gee, you want archives?  Fat Chance!

In truth, this will be a topic I cover in a few weeks when it is time for the
autumn fund drive.  Listquest was fine for a while, but they are having some
problems.  And british-cars@autox.team.net was never one of the lists I sent
them, along with autox@autox.team.net.  Basically these two "original" lists
have a much longer history than all the more recent subsidiary lists.  I have
yet to gather up all the mail from these two into a common location.
RealSoonNow, honest, trust me, etc.

Somewhere, in one form or another, I most likely have each and every message
ever sent to any of the autox.team.net lists, including stuff sent to the
hoosier!cs.utah addresses back in the days of Dale Cook and Jim Muller.  All
I need to do is gather up various old tapes and such, find the hardware I need
to read them, and spend way too much of my time sorting it all out.  It is the
major Team.Net project I plan for this winter, along with some newer, faster
hardware stuff if the fund drive goes well.  We shall see.

For the moment, though, if your Internet access includes web capabilities [as
if there are many these days that don't!] you can get a glimpse of what I have
in mind by going to

  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/wilma/british-cars

and poking about.  It only covers the last year or so, you probably won't
find your answer there, but you can check recent activity.  There are issues
with such archiving I'll talk about next month in the fund drive message.

I may poke around in some old stuff I have on hand to see if I can answer your
weight vs. brake question.

mjb.