Australia - Sydney - Historic Race Meeting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Australia - Sydney - Historic Race Meeting
From: "Andrew Pursey" <saabsux@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:44:07 +0000
Listers....

If any of you are visiting Oz in early September, the HSRCA (Historic Sports
and Racing Car Association) is running an all-Historic Race Meeting at
Eastern Creek International Raceway (Western Sydney) over the weekend of
8/9-September.

There are over 450 cars entered and these will include both Racing and
Regularity.  There will be open-wheelers (icluding Formula 5000), classic
sports cars and classic saloon cars.  Yes, there will be a variety of
British cars competing (thought I was on the wrong lists, didn't you) but of
special interest this year will be a static and racing display of Australian
Specials from pre'60 (many of which are based on British cars/parts).

We would be delighted to see visitors from interstate or overseas - and the
competitors will be only too happy to tell you all about their cars and
their competition history.

Hope to meet some of you there - it will be great event.

Regards....Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford (racing in Group Na
pre'58 Classic Saloon Cars), 1956 Morris Isis, 1958 MGA+ (occasionally on
the race track) and 2000 Land Rover Discovery V8