Re: TR6 starting problem (resolved!)

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 starting problem (resolved!)
From: Kevin Brown <kbrown@csuhayward.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:35:11 -0700
Thanks for the advice, Trevor.  I pulled the fuel pump, took it apart,
soaked it in carb cleaner, and reinstalled it.  The next thing you know,
I've got fuel all over the inside of the engine compartment!  Usually I
would think that was a bad thing, but in this case, it showed the fuel
pump was working again.

I hooked the fuel line back up to the carbs, doused the throats with
more carb cleaner, and the engine started on the second try!
Apparently, my two-year old gas will still burn.  Thanks again to
everyone on the list.  You guys definitely steered me the right way.

As a footnote, as soon as I got the engine started, I was ready to take
a spin around the neighborhood.  In the 10 minutes I let it idle though,
one of the radiator hoses blew and started spraying coolant all over the
place!  I ordered a new set of hoses from TRF (summer sale and free
shipping at this point), but it's hard waiting for them to arrive when
the sun is shining.

--
Kevin Brown                          (510) 885-4007
Department of Math & CS              kbrown@csuhayward.edu