Re: Spitfire 1500 Seats

To: StuCohen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 Seats
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:22:50 -0700
StuCohen@aol.com said:
>  I'm really keen to do this sooner rather than later, and I'm
> wondering if anybody knows any other source for houndstooth pattern
> seats, or has any other option (preferably not ridiculously expensive)
> for getting the right color vinyl in a seat kit.

Is it possible that the samples you've been getting *are* the right color and
the rest of the stuff in your car has faded?

Anyway, why not consider going with the houndstooth you can get, and dyeing
the rest of the interior to match?  Leatherique makes a nice water-base dye
that works well, and they'll custom-mix it to match any color you like.  I sent
and unfaded sample of the leather from under the armrest of my Bentley and
they mixed enough to do the whole interior for about $100.  A Spitfire would
be a lot smaller and need less dye.

An option to think about.  Good luck!