Gauges

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Gauges
From: "Kerr, Paul AAF:EX" <Paul.Kerr@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:36:58 -0700
The dual oil/water temp gauge on my 72 midget is toast.  It is the
mechanical type with mercury capillary tube running the water temp
component. The tube is broken at the sender so the gauge itself might work,
however as the oil pressure part isn't working either I'm assuming the gauge
is shot as well.

Anyway, at least as a temporary measure until I decide as to whether I'm
going to spend the big bucks on replacing the gauge, tubing and senders, I'm
considering installing a set of after market gauges such as Equus. They seem
pretty cheap ($30) as a short term solution, at least to monitoring engine
temp. Does anyone have experience with installing these things? Do they
typically come with adapters etc. for the original fittings?

Paul Kerr

(250) 387-3160
(250) 387-0887 (fax)