BFH#57 - free used parts!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: BFH#57 - free used parts!
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:03:51 EST
Well,

I finally managed to pass the emissions test.  I needed 2.0% CO or less, and
I squeaked past with 1.97%, just to make it interesting...

Now that I can legally terrorize others on the road, I have a bunch of used
parts from the engine rebuild that I hate to toss in the dumpster.  So, see
if you want any of this stuff.  All I ask is for you to pay shipping, which
in most cases I suspect shipping should be $5 or less.

But first, I'm still looking for the little breather cap that goes on the top
of the TR7 5-speed transmission, and also for the mate to the half-moon
plastic rain guard that goes inside the door and  protects the top of the
radio speakers.  Anybody?

And please note, for the parts below, I would prefer folks who need them for
their own projects to ask first, and folks who think they can re-sell that
stuff at swap meets, to wait a bit.  Thanks.  All items are used, with
absolutely no warranty of any kind given or implied!

A/C receiver/dryer -- the tube-shaped item with the sight glass on top

Exhaust manifold -- one of the studs on the bottom, where the exhaust pipe
bolts to, is broken off, along with a small corner of the manifold.  But I'm
pretty sure that a welder could either weld it back on, or weld a new corner
that could be drilled and tapped.  This does come with the thin metal
assembly that the pre-heat hose attaches to, and it has rusted out in spots
where it bolts onto the exhaust manifold, but on the one I am using, a little
J&B weld and some flat washers made a nice new surface that is holding fine.
Oh, and shipping will probably be higher.

Nissan rubber cover that goes over a distributor.  I have no clue why this
was on my TR7...

2 arm rests that are brown, and were painted black.  The black seems to fleck
off with some scrubbing, if you're looking for a pair of brown ones.

Tensioner assembly for timing chain.  Rubber part of guide is worn out.

Both timing chain metal guides.  Again, rubber part of guides is worn out.

Fuel pump -- leaks, but maybe useful for parts.  Was assembled with two
spacers on my 1980 TR7.

Oil pump and drive shaft rod to distributor.  Oil pump works, but is
well-scored inside.

Rear oil seal housing -- this is the aluminum part that bolts to the back of
the engine.  One of the screw holes on the bottom is stripped and would need
to be re-threaded.

Front motor mounts -- worn, but maybe useful to someone?

Water thermostat -- with bottom poppet.  Probably a 195 degree, in case you
need a spare to carry when you're racing in the Baja...

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC