RE: Zerk/Grease Fittings

To: <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Zerk/Grease Fittings
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:53:00 -0800
At 06:39 PM 1/2/2001 , Lew Palmer wrote:
>Mike,
>
>Without checking my BSW and US thread charts, I would swear that 5/16 BSW
>thread pitch is the same as American coarse - 18 tpi (except for the thread
>angle). Have you tried just going down to the auto parts store and matching
>up against their stocks?

   Hi Lew,
   You are correct that is American Coarse and Yes I did go around trying
to find that.  I could not find anyone that had that either, guess I will
be "making it fit", I just didn't want to spend the time and was hoping to
find the right thing.  I have already spent too much on time on a silly
little thing, just wait till I get to the rear end later this week, I will
have lots of questions I am sure and they will be more important.

   My new years resolution...a rolling frame by March, a running frame by
end of summer and then the body later :)

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing ~~~~~~~and \/    \/  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                              .oooO  Oooo.
Bug Writer er...Programmer            (   )   (   )
                                                        \_)  (_/
              mikey@b2systems.com
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car, then
take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/