TR7 BFH#39-a

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#39-a
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 19:55:31 EST
The more I think about it, the more I think the engine is simply getting
flooded.  This model has an automatic choke, controlled by the temperature of
the water in the cooling system -- a real Rube-Goldberg affair.  A couple of
times today, the engine seemed, to "backfire" without the fire, and raw fuel
came out of the choke both times.

Ya think we have a connection here?  I haven't a clue how to bypass the
choke, although I know it can be taken out and replaced with a manual one.
Meanwhile, maybe I'll just disconnet the fuel line and see if I can get the
engine to start at least temporarily with starter fluid, just to convince
myself that nothing else is wrong....

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC