RE: More Oddball Fasteners

To: "'Roland Dudley'" <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Subject: RE: More Oddball Fasteners
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:31:50 -0800
This thread reminds me of the couple of times I was working the parts
counter at a British scrap yard in Denver, Colorado

        "Can you match this bolt please.  It's British."

After a bit of research, I was able to shake my head, since no British cars
came with "British Aviation" threaded fasteners.  This is a fastener series
that continues where "British Association" leaves off.  The threads were
designed for use in Titanium aircraft components.  It seems our shop was
close enough to the airport that when a bolt fell out of a Rolls Royce
aircraft engine, the mechanics thought of us.

regards

Kelvin.
        Who snapped up all his dad's BA taps and dies.