TR7 BFH#31

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#31
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:00:52 EST
Success!

The engine is in!!!  It had definitely grown while out of the car, but with
the soothing influence of my 17 year-old son who kept calming me down when
things looked their worst, we managed to shoe-horn the engine right back
where it had started those many days ago when I though I would just change
the bearings and nothing else....

At one point today I was sitting on the driveway with the transmission in my
lap as we tried over and over again to get it to mate with the engine.
Finally discovered that the metal plate that is on the bottom of the oil pan
was in the way, and all we needed to do is bend it down slightly and the
transmission slipped right in.

The rear motor mount was a treat, trying to hold it in place while reaching
under the car, with the bolt falling out over and over and over again, but
eventually we prevailed.

As for the actual insertion of the engine, after deliberating on the best
approach, we eventually jack the rear up as high as we could, and then
manuvered the engine in, and the rear back down, a couple of inches at a
time.

What a great sound when the engine finally dropped onto the left engine mount
and we got the nut started to hold it fast.

So, since I am SURE everything else will be fine, anyone want to buy the car
right now?  Maybe trade it for a Jag XKE or Lotus?

What do you mean that's not a fair trade?  Think I would be getting
cheated?.....

Now on to figuring out where all those loose wires go....

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC