Re: B series run-on problem

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B series run-on problem
From: "Neil Sherry" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:48:10 +0100
It can be just the result of the compression ratio being fairly high for an
iron engine running on standard fuel. I had a tuned A-Series that did that -
I just got into the habit of flooring the throttle as I switched off. The
later A-Series motors (in Metros, Minis etc) had a solenoid activated valve
to achieve the same thing (actually vents the inlet manifold so the engine
sucks pure air and therefore has no option but to stop). I think the valves
are no longer available from Rover, but you should be able to get one
second-hand.

Neil