ExcalibUr Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ExcalibUr Cars
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:29:21 -0700
Thanks to all of you who have pointed out my misspelling of "Excalibur"
cars.  I now have what I was looking for, which was really only a picture
for my three year old son, who is now a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Leslie
Special (from the Great Race) fanatic.  I can't keep track of whether he is
calling himself Professor Potts, the Great Leslie, or Jim (from the Love
Bug, a recent addition).  He has a little Corgi Chitty (wings and
everything) and a larger scale Mercedes SSK that he carries with him
everywhere he goes (which really is a nice quality toy).

The SSK he has is white, so he calls it the Leslie Special.  He also knows
that it is the same car as the "real" Chitty that was the basis of the book
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  Did you know the Chitty movie was produced by
the same producers that produced the James Bond movies?  Or, that the actor
who played the king also played one of the Bond villains, Goldfinger I
believe.  Of course Bond's cars had qualities similar to Chitty.  His car
with all the special features was of course an Aston Martin (see I got a
British car in there) in the movies, and a Bentley in the books (hey,
another LBC), and I better mention his first car in the movies being a
Sunbeam Alpine (heh, heh).

Jay