Re: Shoddy parts, slippery suppliers, mute consumers

To: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: Shoddy parts, slippery suppliers, mute consumers
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:46:54 -0700
Colin,
I didn't expect you to recognize all of the suppliers I mentioned since many are
Healey or Spridget suppliers and I surmise that you are not an owner of one of
these
vehicles, and none are boutique suppliers like VB or Moss. Sure a few are very
small,
but most on the list are regular viable suppliers with a history. Your comment
regarding the "individuals" is unfounded. If you don't know Joe Curto, maybe
your
cars don't have SU's.

Nisonger bought by Moss? If you say so, I will take it as fact. That's news to
me. I
haven't dealt with them in a couple of years.

I knew you would criticize my comment about stockpiling parts. I don't expect
restitution for anything I stockpile, but with regard to your comment about
inspections, it is not possible to inspect a Sprite gearbox with disassembling
the
box.

In the past, I returned many substandard and unacceptable parts to Moss and
received
full refunds. Now I just don't order from them and don't have to worry about
the buy,
curse, return process.

I'm bowing out of this thread. I think it's run it's course.

If you're happy shopping at Moss, fine. I'm not and I think that the responses
from
other listers and defenses offered by Kelvin as to why they should continue to
offer
inferior parts are weak at best.

Jay Fishbein