Re: Stainless Steel Brake Lines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel Brake Lines
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:30:52 -0700
At 01:01 PM 5/15/2000 -0600, J.E.A.Rich wrote:
>Roland,
>
>The worst thing about stainless steel is that it work hardens. I replaced my
>Healey pipes with copper tubes. Much easier to handle.

   I was told never to use plain household copper tubing (although I know
someone who did use it on their car which should be on the road this
summer).  I tried to get steel tubing but my local shops only sell it in
pre-cut lengths with fittings on, so I have to cut and reflare them and
splice since they are short.  I was also told I should use something called
cupra-nickel lines (no idea if that is the right name) but I can't find
that either.  I just want to buy a roll of the stuff since I have to do 2
cars and  I won't find pre-made lines for them.  Where and what should be
used ?

     Mike
p.s. on the team.net website there is a GREAT brake article but the
recommended place for bundy tubing (spruce aircraft supply I think it was)
does not list bundy tubing on the website.  Waiting for catalog :)

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing ~~~~~~~and \/    \/  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                              .oooO  Oooo.
Bug Writer er...Programmer            (   )   (   )
                                                        \_)  (_/
              webmaster@b2systems.com
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car, then
take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/