MGB Gaiter Clamps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Gaiter Clamps
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:16:28 -0700 (PDT)
I know there were some differences between early and late MGB
rack-and-pinion units, but I thought the external dimensions were the
same.  I bought a set of MGB gaiter clamps for my rack, which has MGB
gaiters (installed several years ago) but when I tried installing these
clamps, I found that the ones for the larger end were too small.  The
gaiters themselves fit just fine- no excessive stretch that I can see.
So, was there more than one rack body diameter?

This rack is not on an MGB, BTW.

Thanks,

Roland