Re: MG's

To: smenzel@halcyon.com (Sandro Menzel)
Subject: Re: MG's
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 09:29:33 -0800
Sandro asked-
>I have a '66 Midget (GAN5L/51000  w/ 1098) and have always thought it to be
>a Mark II Midget (equivalent of a Mark III Sprite). When did MG start on
>the Mark III?

Mark III production started October 1966.  A better way to identify is:

Bugeye - Sprite Mk I
Side curtains - Sprite Mk II, Midget Mk I
Wind ups/1098 - Sprite Mk III, Midget Mk II
Wind ups/1275 - Sprite Mk IV, Midget Mk III
Black bumpers - Midget 1500

There are also other, more subtle differences.  Of course, this assumes
that the motor, doors and bumpers are original...  sf

Stan Fickes                    British Cars
Wireless Communications        1951 MGTD (under construction) NEMGTR 10492
Advanced Technology Group      1965 Austin-Healey Sprite (daily driver)
Apple Computer, Inc.
408 974-7653