TR6 master cylinder info requested

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 master cylinder info requested
From: Daren Stone <Daren_Stone@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 95 12:50:06 PST
Text item: Text_1

Hello all,
    in my recent effort as reassembler of the Box Car (a name coined by
my wife since the car came home in boxes), it occurred to me that there
is no reason I *need* to spend big $$ for install a Europa master
cylinder, and with 90% of the remainder of the braking system being
off-the-shelf Triumph (Vitesse, GT6), it also seems very likely that a
Truimph-based master should have also been used (although the x-ref
lists I've seen say it is off of a Hillman Super Wombat or somesuch).
    So, in discussing this with co-worker and Triumph guy Mike
Gendimenico, he seems think the TR6 master might work. So I ask the
collective TR6 intelligence;

-what is the bore of a TR6 master cylinder ?

-is it a dual circuit system ?

-if so, which side do the lines plumb to ?

-is the method of mounting the cylinder two studs, oriented vertically ?

-if so, what is the dimension between the centerlines of the mounting
studs for the master cylinder ?

-And if all of these answers are what I need them to be, what is the
least expensive place to buy a TR6 master cylinder ?

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated, and will
greatly assist me in the Herculean effort of putting the Europa on the
road inside of 200 days.

                        cheers-
                                daren