Re: Lucas radios????

To: Bob McLaughlin <macmail!Bob_McLaughlin.SERVICE@physio.wa.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas radios????
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:55:04 PST
On 25 Jan 1995, Bob McLaughlin wrote:

> I'm in the process of installing the new interior in the TR6, and as I...
> 1. Did the factory install radios?

Don't think so, but I'm not sure...

> 2. Were they procured and installed by the dealers?

Often the case here in the U.S. market

> 3. Who was the radio manufacturer?

Bendix made a lot of radios for LBCs, Volvos, etc. in the 1960s. I don't
know about 1970s vintage.

> 4. Has any one seen one recently?
> 5. Does anyone know where I can get one?
>
> >From the marks in the original support, at least 2 versions of radio had been
> installed by the PO.  I'd like to get as close to original equipment as
> possible.  Not concourse material, but I'd like to see how close I can get.

If you're not concerned about show, get something that sounds decent.
Lots of stuff will fit in the opening available with little modification,
even those take-the-faceplate-with-you-for-security-reasons type radios.
Or cruise the flea markets and yards for used equipment and take your
chances. Or, just sit back and listen to the 6 cylinders -- possibly your
best option, considering what one hears on the radio nowadays. ;-)

Andy *What? The Beatles broke up?* Mace