Re: Eastwood spotweld cutter ...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eastwood spotweld cutter ...
From: SeanFJohns@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 18:59:30 -0500
I recently cut thru a bunch of spot welds using an Eastwood spot weld cutter.
 One thing I did was to use some 3-in-1 oil as a lubricant for the but.  I
figure that if they use lubricants and cooling fluids on machine tools, it
will help preserve the bit.

I'm still using the original bit after 30-40 welds, so it must have done some
good.

I did buy a small pumch to dimple the weld center prior to using the Eastwood
tool.  I found this helps keep the tool centered until the bits have carved a
path in the metal.  This is also helpful on welds on curved surfaces.