MGB Brake Help? (please!)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Brake Help? (please!)
From: RCG1597@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 15:36:53 -0500
Hi all,
        I know this a problem that has been stated and discussed in the past,
but I
haven't saved any of the discussions since I did not have the problem at the
time (or a lbc that ran, for that matter).  But now I am about ready to pull
my hair out, and I want to see if someone can help me before I go bald the
painful way.
This is the story:
        The other day I blew a caliper seal.  Since I was breaking (no pun
intended
-really!) into the system anyway, I figured I would go ahead and rebuild the
master cylinder while I was at it.  So I get all the work done and go to
bleed the system.  The brakes appear to bleed okay, but the brakes are still
a tad spongy and require at least a double pump to get up to pressure.
        The clutch is a completely different story.  I cannot get it to bleed at
all.  I tried the normal pump-the-pedal process, but that did zip.  I tried
using a hand-powered vacuum pump, but all I got was an air/fluid mixture, I
could never get a solid stream of fluid.
        I tried the vacuum pump on the brakes as well and got only slightly
better
results.
Can anyone go back into their archives and send me a collection of the
group's wisdom on brakes or give me some advice?

Thanks
Rick
-RCG1597@aol.com
*'69B (about to be shot)