Re: Gus vs. the courts, and Roland's lenses

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gus vs. the courts, and Roland's lenses
From: mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu (Michael Burdick)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 14:14:35 CST
Greg Meboe says:

   > Hey Roland, why don't you try grinding those lenses yourself, just use a
   > vertical belt sander, very fine grit. Instead of placing the lens
   > directly on the steel grinding table, use a piece of felt or leather
   > under it so the lens won't be vibrating against the table while you're in
   > contact with the moving grinding belt.  I've had luck with this
arrangement.

Roland,

Sarah (my wife) does a little stained glass work now and then and has a
tool for cutting circles in glass.  It consists of a tripod with rubber
feet in the center and an arm with a cutting wheel on the end.  It
operates like a regular old compass.  It seems that this thing would work
on curved glass as well as it does on flat glass since the center is a
tripod...  You might try to find one of these at your local stained glass
shop.  Heck, if you offer me enough net points, I could give it a shot
myself and send it to you if it works.

Good luck,
Mike