Oil cooler for Rubber bumper B

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil cooler for Rubber bumper B
From: atf@scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au (Arthur Freeman )
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 11:36:30 EST
Dear All,
following some remarks regarding oil coolers on TRs, I felt I should
find out a bit more for MGBs.

My '72 GT has an oil cooler OK, but the '77 roadster does not.

The '77 has electric fans in front of the radiator, where the oil cooler
would sit.

I have also gheard that pulling fans are more efficient than pushing fans,
and wonder if it would not be sensible to put on a pulling electric fan
behind the radiator (since there is room for a V8, this should not present
a major problem), and is a shroud a good idea?.

This would then leave room for the oil cooler.

I find that the roadster heats up a bit when stopped at traffic lights etc.,
no problem yet, but who knows?.

What is the wisdom of the net?, and hwta recommendations are there on make
of fan etc?.  Could I take one off a JAP parts car?.

Look forward to some information,

Thanks,

Arthur in OZ