Re: dates are off a bit

To: British-Cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: dates are off a bit
From: harrold@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU (Dick Harold)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 21:34:52 -0500
On Thu, 12 Jan 95 8:39:12 PST Roland Dudley said:

I suspect some of these dates are off a bit.  I owned a Crosley wagon in
the late '50s and it definitely had a cast iron block engine and I'm
reasonably sure it was a '47.  Assuming I'm off on the date, it most
certainly did NOT have disk brakes, front or rear.  They were hydraulic,
all right, but were about the crappiest brakes I've ever seen on a car,
including the mechanical brakes on my Dad's old Model A.  Once when I
had to make a panic stop, the hydraulic pressure popped the pistons out
of the front wheel cylinders; not very comforting.

--- clip here ---

Roland  -  As for the dates, this old man may be forgetting the details.
Crosley, Cadillac, Chevrolet - what's the difference?  Aren't they all
cars!

Dick