Re: Persistent Oil Leak

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Persistent Oil Leak
From: dalfano@trbl14.dnet.ge.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 95 08:56:23 EST
Hi Ned,

I installed the external oil feed kit on my '74 TR6.  I had a similar problem.
I noticed (after the fact) that banjo fitting shoulder is not quite long enough
to protrude throgh the 2 copper washers and fitting.  That is until the copper
washers are slightly compressed.  What happened was the copper washer which is
on the side towards the head slipped of the the shoulder of the bolt.  When the
fitting was tightened, part of the inner washer was crushed by the edge of the
shoulder.  Once I got everything in line it sealed OK.  Even reusing the
washers.  I did have to tighten it a little more than I felt it should have
needed.  Whats the worst that can happen?  You break the hollow bolt.

Don