New engine mounts from TRF breaking

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New engine mounts from TRF breaking
From: ki@zycad.com (Fred Ki)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 95 17:01:22 PST
Dan,

Regarding your failing Vitesse engine mounts, are they of the "faux air
gap" variety?  I have those bought from TRF too and & they are supposedly
more prone to pre-mature failure.  Do Vitesse share the same engine mount
with GT6/TR6?

My personal experience on my '70 TR6 is that the no-air-gap (solid rubber)
versionis better than the faux-air-gap.  Although the faux-air-gap pairs on my
car has lasted about 2+ years now.  I'm quite shocked to know yours last
only 7-8 mo. on a non-runner.  I'm sure TRF will replace yours free because
a component as critical as an enginer mount should last a few years, not a
fraction of a year.

Regards,

Fred Ki
Zycad Corp., GateField Division