Re: Polishing off the thread....

To: Richard_Portugese@mail.magic.ca, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Polishing off the thread....
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 1995 13:05:24 -0500
I totally agree with you being very cautious with orbital polishers, but what
ever happened to old fashioned elbow grease? With most LBC's the time
involved is minimal. I use a good polishing cleaner (NOT CLEANER/WAX)
following the manufacturer's instructions. The brand of product is not as
important as the actual procedure, but the $1.99 a bottle version will
probably not give the same results. Sometimes I have to repeat several times
until I stop getting black goop on my towel. Then I give the entire surface a
coat or two of GOOD pure carnuba wax. Your car will shine like you have never
seen. If your car needs paint, I don't think any amount of polishing, by
hand, machine, or anything else will help.

TRIUMPH!
Ken Nachman
Editor, The Spokes
Richmond Triumph Register