TR6 wishbone brackets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 wishbone brackets
From: orrro@crocus.sasknet.sk.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 23:27:04 -0600
Hope the holidays have been just that for all!

I've run up against a problem and hope that someone can help out.  The front
lower wishbone brackets on my '70 TR6 are cracked and need replacing.  I
rounded up the parts (plus the reinforcing kits) and brought everything to
my mechanic.  He says that the only way to get at them is to yank the engine
-- probably a $1500 touch.  I'm wondering if I'm any better off leaving the
engine in but removing the front body panels instead?  Can anyone suggest a
better (i.e., cheaper) way?

Thanks.

Rod.
--