Eine kleine nachdripping (K.666)

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: Eine kleine nachdripping (K.666)
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 09:19:11 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 29 Dec 1994, Will Zehring wrote:

> Okay, so I had this pretty ugly nightmare last night (You remember the scene
> in "Young Frankenstein" with Terri Garr?).  It starts with me out in the
> garage, inspecting "Old Whitesides" ('63 B) with a flash light (I guess I'm

> -gasoline was dripping from two points on the gas tank (at least one of

> -oil was dripping from... the rocker pannels  =:o (but only on the passenger

> -a brilliant green fluid was leaking from brake pipes routed along the hood.

> The dream concludes with me absolutely freaking out that my car was a total
> mess and that I would have to rebuild the whole d**n thing.  Horror!!!!

> "Good" friends say I don't have the personality to own British cars.  "Good"
> friends say I'm to "punctilious" and should own a Porsche or some such
> soul-less monster.  "Good" friends say these cars will drive me crazy.  Even
> my brother wonders why the heck I own those cars (he drives a 911).
> Needless to say, I have disagreed with them so far.

I am sorry, but they may be right.  You probably square off the snow banks
when you shovel the drive, and I would bet that you clean all the frost
from the windshield instead of scraping a peephole and depending on the
defrosters to do the rest before you hit something.  If so, you better
put the MG up for sale very cheap, so as to get rid of it fast, before you
come totally unglued.  I might take it off your hands out of concern for
your mental health, providing, of course, that it is cheap enough.   My
concern is not unlimited.

Ray

P.S.  The offer to relieve you of the source of your anxiety is also
contingent upon inspection to determine that you do not actually *have*
fire hose size fittings along the hood leaking green brake fluid, or oil
dripping from a rocker panel.  Gas leaking from two places on the gas tank
is acceptable, in fact, par for the course.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910