Re: Beans Industries (Scimitar)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars)
Subject: Re: Beans Industries (Scimitar)
From: Chris Pallasch <cp@scimitar.pb.owl.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 17:26:52 CET
Salute,

had no time to follow the digest for several dasy/weeks...

> Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 09:28:04 GMT
> From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
> Subject: Beans Industries
>
> I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but Beans Industries, with
> factories at Tipton and Tamworth, have gone into receivership (i.e. bust).

Sorry, my english isn't as good, does 'gone into receivership' mean
something like Beans will stop total production ? :-{

> Tamworth may ring a bell with some SOLs (Chris) - yes, it's Reliant we are
               it does, it does :-)

> talking about, sometime makers of the very excellent Scimitar GTE and the
> excruciating Robin. They are still turning out a steady 25 Robins a week
> and, reportedly, five Scimitars. The latter is presumably the little SS
> thingy, isn't it? It must have looked quite good on the drawing board, I
> suppose.

Must be the "Scimitar Sabre", the follower of the SS1 (if SST, SS2
and Target not counted) which is sold very badly. The SS1 own bodywork
has gone and some Miata (uargh) engeneers/designers seem to have tried
some face-lifting.
The GT's nowaday are build as 'Middlebridge Scimitar' by Robin Rew and
look realy perfect. Real Scimitars with far better interieur (leather & Co).
Aehm, and yes, the are a 'bit' more expensive than original Scimi GTs were.

        Gruss
          Chris
--
  Trying to establish voice contact ... please yell into keyboard