50's SU fuel pump, XK 120 ENV rear end, Big Healey brake lines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 50's SU fuel pump, XK 120 ENV rear end, Big Healey brake lines
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 10:48:29 -0500
        I took apart the SU fuel pump on this 51 XK 120 I'm
restoring.  Tried everything (even prayer) to keep
from breaking the screws in the pot metal casting.  Unfortunately,
I still managed to break a few off.  Sooo, I was hoping someone
might have a spare casting.  The pump has a square body approx.
5"x3"x2".  I think the AH 100's used a similar pump.  (BTW,
I could get the broken screws out of this pump body, but it would
be a big hassle.)

        Also, I have the rear end disassembled and I would like to
replace the bearing/shims on the carrier gears (what do they call
those?  ring gear pinions? differential pinions?)  Neither MOSS or
XKs Unlimited list them in their catalogs (I have the ENV rear
axle BTW).  Does anybody know of a good source?

        Finally, A big Healey question.  I'm installing new brake
lines on the chassis.  I've had the front half of the passenger side
frame rail replaced and there aren't any holes for the brake line clips.
Could someone describe where the clips for the rear brake line are
located (perhaps measure the distance back from the back of the engine
mount)

William Woodruff                        woodruff@engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI