Clearcoat or not?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Clearcoat or not?
From: Steve Adderson <S.G.Adderson@ukc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 94 15:10:41 +0000
I've getting one of my cars resprayed in Cellulose enamel.
Should I get it clearcoated as well, ie a coat of lacquer
to us UK types. Will it give a longer lasting shinier finish
than just polished paint?  One of my other cars had a panel
that had been lacquered and that always looked better than the
rest of the car. My thoughts are that I could polish the lacquer
as much as I wanted without removing any of the colour. If I do
decide to do this, should I polish the car before spraying the
lacquer?

Please don't tell me to us two pack paint.

Steve