Subject: Solid A-arm bushings for spridgets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Solid A-arm bushings for spridgets
From: Marc Sayer <msayer@efn.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 02:45:37 -0800 (PST)
Larry, all that work and all you have is a set of delrin bushings. I've
written several articles on bushing material and design for MG magazine
and Grass Roots Motorsports magazine in the last 3-4 yrs, and believe me
delrin is not the best of materials for suspension bushings. You will need to
add a grease fitting or the bushing will fail twice as fast as it should.
delrin is a brittle material too, so never ever hit it, or it will
shatter. I have been making and selling a camber/caster adjustable bushing
kit for the Spridgets for 6-7 years now. I use Carsan a self lubricating
thermoplastic which will out last and out perform delrin by a huge margin.
It is literally bullit proof, a 1" thick piece of Carsan will stop a 38
caliber bullit at 6" without cracking. It has a coefficient of friction
about equal to teflon and it is more abrasion resistant than abrasion
resistant steel, being about equal to silicone-carbide in abrasion
resistance. All you would have had to do was call me and you would have
had a better product that gave you camber/caster adjustability, came with
a lifetime warranty, and was not all that expensive. In fact if you paid
yourself a living wage for your time you probably spent more to build your
own than you would have to buy mine. Of course you wouldn't have gotten to
spend all that time on it. :-) Sorry I just have to speak out when I hear
stuff like this, after having spent so much time and money to develop this
sort of product for people.

Marc Sayer
Performance Engineering
1070 W. 2nd Ave.