Rebuilding engines.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding engines.
From: Paul Rodenhuis <paulr@pwd.nsw.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 09:52:18 +1100
At Wakefield Park, my friend ran a Buckle (old Aussie fibreglass
special with a Zephyr motor).  He has recently had the engine rebuilt
and tuned after running it for 8 years.  At the dyno, the power at
the rear wheels went from 100 to 140!  So with great expectations he
went out for practice.

Unfortunately, he put a rod through the block, both sides!  Talk about
throwing a leg out of bed!  He thinks it might have been caused by
reusing the crank bolts.  We all live and learn in this game.

paulr