My Jaguar Kick continues...

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: My Jaguar Kick continues...
From: Brian Willoughby <BAWILL01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 13:40:23 EST
I need more Jaguar advice.  Before it was a 420G, then a Daimler 2.5 Litre
Saloon and now it is an XJ6 Series II.  The car is a '76 and severely rusted:
one of the rear floorboards has fallen out, the sills are eaten up and around
the base of the windscreen there is a considerable amount of rust-through.
For the time being, the leather is good as well as the remainder of the
interior including the wood veneer on the dash.  The motor is intact and it
ran prior to being parked about a year ago.  The brakes are shot and the system
has been partially dismantled.  I am assuming that somebody used some DOT 3 in
it.  The odometer was reading 43,000 and presumablly a 100,000 more could be
added.  I know that this is a poor prospect, though it is real, real cheap and
can probably be bought for $300 even though the asking price is higher.  It

has the alloy wheels as fitted to Series IIIs and XJSs and it seems that they
alone would be worth something.  (They are in good shape.)  Let me know what
you think.  By the way, I spotted a Mark 2 under a tree this weekend in a
rural part of Kentucky.  Perhaps over Christmas break I can investigate it.
Then again, I guess that I might be better off giving up on finding an old Jag
until I am fininshed with grad. school and can afford a decent one.  Thanks
for your advice.
Brian Willoughby
bawill01@ukcc.uky.edu