Healey Gearbox removal

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Gearbox removal
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 16:21:06 -0500
In about two weeks I am going to be removing the gearbox on my
Austin Healey 3000 to replace the balk rings.  The BMC shop
manual says to support the engine sump (oil pan) in a "suitable"
manner while removing the gearbox and bell housing from the rear.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to support the rear of the
engine without putting a dent in the sump?

Also, if any  Big Healey owners have done this operation I would
appreciate any advice, suggestions, warnings ...

Thanks
Peter Schauss
pschauss@aol.com