Schenley Park Show

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Schenley Park Show
From: "Dana P. Henry-TRF" <70471.1433@compuserve.com>
Date: 22 Nov 94 18:34:40 EST

#: 12221 S0/CompuServe Mail  [MAIL]
    22-Nov-94 10:55 EST
Sb: RE: British Cars Digest #1456 Mon Nov 21 16:13:40 MST 1994
Fm: INTERNET:"ALFIE::MRGATE::\"A1::FELTS1\""@id5.atc.alcoa.com

Sender: british-cars-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 10:27:52 -0500 (EST)
From: "ALFIE::MRGATE::\"A1::FELTS1\""@id5.atc.alcoa.com
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #1456 Mon Nov 21 16:13:40 MST 1994
Sender: owner-british-cars@autox.team.net

From:   NAME: Tom L. Felts
        FUNC: SFTY (38)
        TEL: 412-337-2024                     <FELTS1@A1@ALFIE>
To:     NAME: VMSMail User SMTP%"british-car
<SMTP%"british-cars@autox.team.net"@MRGATE>

I'm not a frequent inputter of info to the net, so hope this gets in OK.
For all you Austin Healey owners out there, I have a summer 95 deal for
you!!  The Three Rivers AH Club is supporting the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand
Prix that will happen 15 and 16 July 1995.  The Austin Healey was selected to
be the "Marque of the year" for this event.

The Pitts Vintage Grand Prix is a "big deal" in this area.  Associated with
it on Sat. is British Car Day in which there are usually 350 to 400 brit
cars parked on beautiful Schindly (sp) Park Golf course adjacent to the race
track.  Participant judging with plaques are presented to winning cars, and
a "goody bag" is given to all who register and participate.

What we are hoping for is healey owners "near and far" will want to join in
the fun with their cars on these dates.

As you are aware if you have ever organized an event like marque of the
year, there is lots of work to do to get it going.  Thus the early notice.
I'm hoping some of you will have an interest and will contact me.  I will
give more info in a letter to you.

The AH Conclave in Canada is the following week, and if your route takes
you through Pittsburgh, this would be a memorable event to take in
prior to Conclave.

There will be a small fee for registration at both events, as you would
imagine, but the bulk of the money goes to a charity, and the participation
is worth it.

BTW, at the race on Sunday most everyone brings a big picnic basket and
it usually turns into a big social event with everyone sharing the goodies.

In spite of what you may have heard, Pittsburgh is a beautiful and friendly
city.

Nuf said!  Hopefully I've peaked your interest.  If you want more info.,
call and leave message.  Tom Felts, Pres. Three Rivers AH
Club---412-337-2024.

Hats off to Tom Felts for his post!  The Schenley Show is an amazing part of
the Vintage Gran Prix weekend in Pittsburgh, not to be missed.  TRF has been
there for many years with our parts booth and catalogues.  The Western
Pennsylvania Triumph Association has responsibility for organizing the
British Car Day and they do a superb job!  We can't say enough for the
event!  Thanks again Tom, and you can count on TRF again this year to help
in any way that we can!

                                                       -CHEERS-
                                                       ^^^^^^^^