Uh, could I get that to-go??

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Uh, could I get that to-go??
From: John_Regan@ccmail.ntrs.com (John Regan)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 09:30:37 -0600
I'll be flying out west soon and will hopefully be acquiring a rebuilt
transmission for my 70 Midget, which is currently working on its impression
of "dropping anchor" (or insert your own metaphor here).

My question is:  How should I get it home to the east coast?

If I take it as luggage, I'm limited to 70 lbs and 70 inches total
dimensions H + W + L.  What about shipping it?  How much does a spridget
transmision weigh?  What is the best way to package/crate it?  Any
suggestion would be appreciated.  This is about the last phase in a 7 year
driving-restoration (which is about due to start over again, eh).

Thanks-
John "and i'd like some fries with that" Regan
70 Midget (mobius restoration)