dynamo => alternator / TR Register / Vehicle Traces

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars list)
Subject: dynamo => alternator / TR Register / Vehicle Traces
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 17:11:57 +0000 (GMT)
Hi - a couple of things:

A short while ago someone asked for information on substituting
an alternator for a dynamo. The key seems to a "machine sensing" type, eg Lucas
LRA101/Unipart GXE8210. There is a very informative "how to" article
in the current (Nov 94) issue of TRaction, the club magazine of the TR Register.
I dont know what the situation is wrt non-members getting hold of a copy,
but I imagine they would be sympathetic.
Their (newish) address is:

The TR Register
1B Hawksworth
Southmead Industrial Park
Didcot
Oxon.
OX11 7HR
England,UK
0235-818866

Also, someone asked for the address for vehicle traces:

Archive Department
Heritage Motor Centre
Banbury Road
Gaydon
Warwick
CV35 OBJ
England,UK

Cheques (checks?) payable to B.M.I.H.T for 20 pounds (Sterling) & you
must quote the cars year & model plus the all important commission/chassis
number. In return you get a certificate suitable for framing.

This certainly applies to the Triumph TR4->8, and I presume plenty of
others, if not all, major UK manufacturers. Traces for early TRs should contact
the TR register (non members that is), members should contact the inimitable
Bill Piggot.

I hope the above is some use. I did post the above last year (?) but I used
an old address.

Regards, Adrian + TR4
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk