Re: New Austin Healeys

To: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Austin Healeys
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 15:40:16 PST

On Thu, 17 Nov 1994, zegarski matthew c wrote:

> BMW as you may or may not know bought out Rover.  Rover I believe has the
> rights to all of the old names.  This was first evident to me when they made
> the new Mini Coopers.

Yes, but weren't these cars actually done by, or at least with the
blessings of, Mr. Cooper himself?

My question is really "Who owns the Healey name?" Is it Donald's heirs,
or is it BMW (via Rover)? If BMW has the right to use the name, does the
Healey family benefit financially from that use?

> I have read that they will also be resurrecting the MG marque.

Good thing those weren't named after the company founder, or Will Z.
might be looking for a Kimber TD!

Andy "wish I had my Bettman Herald Convertible running" Mace